We will kick off our Seven Point blog by sharing with you everything you need to know to get registered quickly and efficiently! We have always, since the inception of the Medical Cannabis Pilot Program, been committed to raising awareness about this program and increasing the number of patients that have access. We see over 500 patients each week at Seven Point and witness first-hand the clear benefits of medical cannabis that lead to an increase in quality of life. We also know that there are many obstacles and barriers to gaining access to medical cannabis and that there is an extremely large number of patients who could tremendously benefit from this natural medicine, but who are not aware of the program or may feel overwhelmed by the rigid, multi-step application process.
To make this application process as smooth and efficient as possible, we regularly hold education & registration workshops here at Seven Point as well as at two nearby libraries, offering both daytime and evening options. Every Thursday afternoon we host these workshops in our Seven Point community room, at 1pm (please arrive promptly), immediately next door to our dispensary. In addition to our regular Thursday workshops at Seven Point, we alternate between the Berwyn and Westchester Public Libraries, offering a workshop each week in the evening from 6:30-8pm. Check out our workshop schedule . Our outreach team provides support throughout this process, helping you to get registered quickly and efficiently.
Please keep in mind that there are two separate parts to this application process:
1) Physician Certification Form (this is the first step ). Your physician will complete the Physician Written Certification Form and give the form back to you for submission with your application. The form must be scanned and saved as a pdf document and then uploaded with your on-line application . The certification must be received within 90 days of your application and must show an in-person visit date within the last 90 days.
Do you need to find a doctor? www.ilcannabismd.com will certainly help!. Simply type in your zip code and you will find doctors in your area who are familiar with the multiple benefits of medical cannabis. Feel free to contact doctors from this list and inquire about their procedures in order to be certified with a qualifying condition.
2) Qualifying Patient application and passport photo.
Please bring the following to a Seven Point Workshop:
Qualifying Patients and Caregivers:
- Note: This process may require follow-up in order to complete your application(s) including all required documentation. To be prepared for this process, please bring the required proofs of residency stated below and accepted form of payments with you to the workshop.
- We provide passport photos at no cost for both patient and caregiver.
- Your Driver’s License or State ID (it’s ok if your ID is from another state or does not have your current address).
- Two current proofs of residency as stated on page 4 of the Qualifying Patient Application required documents and Designated Caregiver Application required documents such as a utility, water, cable, electric, gas, cell phone, bank statement.
Payment for the state application:
Note: All Patient and Caregiver application fees must be paid with a Debit or Credit Card and are non-refundable.
- Patients: The state application fees – $100 for 1 year, $200 for 2 years, and $250 for 3 years. Veterans and those enrolled in SSDI or SSI get a 50% discount with the required documentation.
- Caregivers: The state application fees- $25 for 1 year, $50 for 2 years, $75 for 3 years, and $75 for a Caregiver applying separately for a patient who has already been registered (the expiration date for the caregiver and the patient card will be the same).
- If enrolled in SSDI or SSI, bring your current Benefit Verification letter stating the type of benefits you are receiving. ( Qualifying Patient Application form) see bottom page 2.
- If you are a Veteran and receiving care through the VA, bring your medical records from the VA from the last 15 months (on a CD only) stating your Qualifying Condition. Additionally, bring your DD214
- If you are a veteran not currently receiving care through the VA, you will still receive the discounted application rate by providing your DD214.
You will receive an eRegistry card from IDPH to the email address that you provided on your application. You may use this as your provisional access to enter Seven Point while you are awaiting final approval and your physical card. which will be mailed directly to you.
Join one of our Lunch & Learns while you wait for your card!
We are here to support you through this entire process! What questions do you have for us? Where are you in this process? Are there any tips you would like to share regarding the registration process?